Join us for this inaugural learning experience to explore the many ways our past and present are paving the way to our Jewish future … “Melton style”!
- Meet scholars, futurists, innovators, and artists who will help us discover new ways to imagine Jewish life
- Study how classic and contemporary Jewish thinkers inspire us to adapt to new situations and thrive
- Come together with other likeminded Melton learners; meet new friends with whom you share a common passion
- See how Chicago’s art and architecture articulate a vision for a better tomorrow
The following speakers will lead various sessions throughout the conference (click names to read more):
- Miriam Anzovin, TikTok Talmudist
- Sara Wolkenfeld, Sefaria
- Rabbi Michael Siegel, Anshe Emet Synagogue, Chicago
- Jacqueline Kott-Wolle, Master Artist and Storyteller
- David Shyovitz, Professor of Jewish History and Director Crown Family Center for Jewish and Israel Studies at Northwestern
- Jane Shapiro, Founder, Orot: Center for New Jewish Learning
- Rebecca Minkus-Lieberman, Founder and Executive Director, Orot: Center for New Jewish Learning
- Carl Schrag, Journalist and Educator, Former Editor The Jerusalem Post
- Rabbi Ben Kramer, Moriah Congregation and Melton Teacher
- Rabbi Dr. Scott Aaron, Executive Director of the Community Foundation for Jewish Education of the Jewish United Fund
- Architectural River Cruise through a Jewish lens
- Hear from some of Chicago’s most creative Jewish leaders
- Engage in deep learning at the beautiful Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadership
- Walking tour of the South Loop and Synagogue
- Gourmet Kosher meals
While there are many hotels in the area, we have secured blocks of rooms at two hotels near the Spertus Institute. For your convenience, Melton has secured group rates for an extra pre- and post-night stay; please make sure to remind the booking agent when reserving your rooms. For all others, we recommend checking in on May 1st and out on May 4th.The links below will take you directly to the Melton rooms blocks. If you prefer to call either hotel directly, just mention ‘Melton’ to the reservation agent.
Congress Plaza Hotel and Convention Center (410 ft from Spertus)
520 South Michigan Avenue
Standard Room Rate: $179/night guaranteed through March 31, 2023; breakfast not included
Reservation Link: Congress Plaza reservation block
Residence Inn by Marriott (0.6 miles from Spertus)
11 South LaSalle Street
Standard Room Rate: $199/night guaranteed through April 2, 2023; breakfast included
Reservation Link: Residence Inn reservation block
A listing of other hotels near Spertus can be found here.
You can see a map of the area around Spertus here.
If you have questions, please email
Keep checking back for the latest details and information!