The main purpose of our website is to provide information and services to individuals and to partners. Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to protecting it and to making you aware of our online practices regarding the privacy of your information.
Information we collect and how we use it
Our website does not automatically collect any individually identifiable information, such as email addresses, from visitors. We collect personal information when you provide it in the course of interacting with the site, as follows:
- When you sign up for our email newsletter, we collect your name and email address. We use this information to send you periodic emails with information about Melton’s programs. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
- When you use our Contact Us form, we collect your email address, name, phone number, location, and whatever information you type into the comment box. We use this information to respond to your question or comment.
- When you register for a Melton course, we collect your email address, name, company name if any, phone number, physical address, age, whether you are a new or continuing Melton student, how you heard about us, the name of the course(s) you sign up for, amount paid, payment card information and billing address, and any comments you choose to provide. We use this information to securely process your registration and payment, and to provide a receipt. We may also provide it to your local Melton community site to facilitate your attendance at classes and events.
- When you donate to Melton, we collect your email address, name, phone number, physical address, amount paid, and payment card information and billing address. We use this information to securely process your transaction and provide a receipt for tax purposes. If you choose to donate as a tribute to another person, we collect that person’s name and either email or physical address. We use this information to send an acknowledgment of the donation.
- We collect the IP address of the computer you use to access the Melton website. This is not tied to any other information that identifies you personally.
We do not sell, rent, swap, or share your personal information with other organizations. Any personal information you provide to the Melton website will not be disseminated to third parties outside the Melton community. We will disclose personally identifiable information when required to do so by law.
Melton uses third-party services to process registrations, perform financial transactions, and distribute emails. These third parties represent that they keep shared data confidential and protect it through industry best practices. They do not resell, retransmit, or retain any personal information or transaction data for transactions they process on behalf of Melton.
We also collect aggregated and other information that is not personally identifiable, but that relates to your use of the Melton website. This kind of information is collected automatically through website logs and cookies. It includes, for example, the type of browser (e.g., Firefox, Chrome, Safari), operating system (e.g., Windows, Mac, iOS, Android) and internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Verizon) you are using. We use Google Analytics to count the number of visitors to our site and to see how visitors in aggregate move around the website. We use this information to analyze the design and functioning of our website in order to make improvements.
You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it. Rejecting a cookie may however keep you from successfully using certain features of the Melton website. To learn more about cookies, please refer to your web browser's help menus or visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Melton uses appropriate procedures to ensure the security of your personal information and to protect it from unauthorized access. Our website has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. This includes a physically secure location for our server, a firewall, and SSL encryption.
We also protect user information off-line. This information is restricted in our physical offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.