There is no escaping it - at one time or another, death enters our lives. What wisdom or traditions can help us cope with this most challenging part of life? Join us as we study and discuss how Judaism helps us make sense of and deal with illness and death. In this six-session course, we’ll plant seeds of wisdom to unearth some of life’s biggest questions.:
- How does Judaism help us make sense of and deal with illness and death?
- Why is there suffering in the world?
- How can we mitigate suffering?
- What rituals does Judaism offer us when someone passes on?
- What does Judaism mean by a future Messianic Era?
If these topics interest you, join us. We’ll dig deep and nurture the community of conversation reflecting on rituals and insights Judaism offers us when grieving and examining the Jewish process of healing.
Table of Contents
Lesson 1: Why Me, Why Anyone? Making Sense of Suffering
Lesson 2: A Virtuous Visit: Making Time for the Sick
Lesson 3: Rest in Peace: Jewish Customs in Death and Burial
Lesson 4: Good Grief: How Mourning Helps Heal
Lesson 5: The Soul’s Steps: What happens next?
Lesson 6: Are We There Yet? Jewish Views on the Messianic Era